10 reasons why you should get outside and exercise ??
- It costs nothing
- Can be done where ever, when ever you want
- Exposure to the sun increases vitamin D levels which helps our immune system
- Can help lower depression and increases feelings of well being
- More sensory stimulation which is good for the brain
- Research indicates exercising outdoors is more beneficial to mental health over indoor activities and supports the association between improved health and the amount of ‘green space’.
- Studies show people perceive exercise as being less strenuous when performed in a natural environment. You are more likely to work harder ??
- Getting outdoors can increase enjoyment of the activity and more of a feeling of ‘escaping’ from everyday life.
- Your workout may be more effective. Whether you are sprinting, jogging or walking you need to adapt to a constantly changing environment – obstacles to dodge, inclines, strong winds!
- Provides variety – even if you workout in the same park or run the same route, the climate and surroundings will never be exactly the same which can provide a welcome distraction ?
Plus the sun is shinning ☀️. Make the most of it!