Consistency, in my opinion, is the most important factor in achieving your goals.
- plan your workouts for the week ahead but be REALISTIC. How much time do you really have to exercise- 3 or 4 times a week? Then plan for 3. It can be demoralising to plan for more and never get that last one done.
- You are not always going to be motivated to exercise, no one is 100% of the time. If you get into a routine it is a lot easier to be consistent and stick to the plan when motivation drops.
- keep a training log to plan and track progress and to keep yourself focused on thinking about how you can improve.
- Have patience and trust that you will get there. When you look back in 6 months time you will see how far you’ve come.
- Habits become ingrained overtime so that eventually we don’t think about whether we want/should exercise, we just do it!